Solutions for Airport Runway Incursion Detection
Airport officials are faced with a unique safety challenge preventing and detecting unauthorized entry, presence, and movement of individuals and ground vehicles into or within the Air Operations Area (AOA).
Further complicating the issue, these wide open spaces contain airport and airline vehicle/personnel as well as outside contractors.
Given this complex environment, the airport challenge is to provide incursion detection and unauthorized access violations of all ground movements.
Through the use of vTrack™’s real-time GPS tracking technology, airport personnel and vehicles can be tracked with a 1 second update rate. This system provides real-time geo-spatial data (location, heading and speed) for all airport vehicles and personnel and authorized visitors, which can be integrated with 3rd party Command and Control Systems.
vTrack™ allows for:
- Viewing of all airfield personnel/vehicle activity.
- The end-user to setup Geo-Fences for real time alerting/notification.
- Automatic Threat Assessment when coupled with perimeter intrusion detection sensors, such as ground based radar.
- Uses License-Free Wireless Communication
- Easy Integration with 3rd Party Geographic Information Systems (GIS)
- Easy Integration with Video Management Systems (VMS) for automatic ‘Slew to Cue’
- No Recurring Costs
- Track Both Air and Land sides to Distinguish from ADS-B
- Select Vehicles can be equipped with In-Vehicle Display for Real Time Asset Monitoring
- Each Asset is Tagged for Easy Identification and includes Numerous Attributes, such as Speed, Heading, Panic, Blade Down, Sweeper On, etc.
Other Airport Applications
- Managing Access to or within Restricted Areas
- Electronic Escorting of Visitors
- Safety Monitoring of Vehicle Operations
- Situational Awareness of Emergency Response Teams
- Indoor Security Personnel Tracking